Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Interview Update

My blog wouldn't be complete without yet another interview update. Right now it's a part of my life that's just as all encompassing as my weight loss.

I had a great discussion with the lady I was to meet with. It was a short meeting though - less than 30 minutes due to another commitment she had. She has asked to meet again to discuss a critical piece of the role. On Thursday. This will be meeting number 5 for this job, 10 with this company.

Hubby hit the roof when he found out. He is struggling with 2 things. Firstly that there are so many interviews required for one job. In his world that doesn't happen. In my world it does at the more senior level so I have less of an issue with that. Secondly, while I am focusing on trying to land this job I have essentially stopped all other activity. It is clearly making him very nervous because should this one not end up in an offer I am not much further ahead than I was in May. It is causing him a lot of stress and last night in came out when I told him that was another interview required. Quite frankly I don't know for sure that this will be the last one.

Time for me to kick it back in gear... just in case. I believe I will be ok but I can't be sure. This uncertainty is making it hard to move forward on so many levels.

1 Comments:

  • Wow. Five interviews? I don't think I have ever been on more than two for a single job, but I guess you are right when it comes to senior level positions. I've never interviewed at that level.

    I wish you luck though. I gotta believe after five interviews AND 10 at the company so far, that they really like you!

    Keeping my fingers crossed!

    By Blogger Tia L., At 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home