Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, September 14, 2007

One of those days

Yesterday was just one of those days. One of those days where a whole stack of little things just quite don't go your way. In chronological order:

1. went to buy Ms 8 a bagel for breakfast but construction had blocked the entrance to Tim Hortons. So not only were stuck in traffic for ages, I had to take a 5 mile detour to get her breakfast... well, maybe half a mile but it ticked me off like it was 5 miles.
2. Decided to take the train to Toronto so that I could exchange a US$ cheque I had received for shares that C had unexpectedly made available as of my true termination date (June 19) for US$ to take shopping this weekend. Normally I would just mail the cheques in but this is a way to bypass the exchange rate. Get there to find out that cheques over a certain amount (mine was $650 over) had to go into an account - they couldn't just cash it. Great... that was 3 hours of my day I'll never get back
3. Came home to pay bills etc. Decided to go out and run a few errands. Put on a wash load. Came home to a flooded floor. Not as bad as in the past because most of it had already seeped into the basement. Onto the air hockey table. The laundry sink had become clogged by the mop (don't ask) and overflowed. Woo freakin' hoo.
4.Running late to pick Ms 8 and a friend up from school. Rush there to find said friend would not be coming over. Ms 8 wants to walk home and go to another friends house. I could have stayed at home
5. Mr 16 comes home with a friend unannounced. Asks if Adam can stay for dinner and then go to Venturers. The house was a mess. I didn't have enough food for dinner and he's asking me while his friend is there? This one pissed me off no end. Use the freakin' cell phone we pay for monthly, call me and ask. Give me some notice. Then I don't mind.
6. Mr 14 was meant to go a grade 9 welcome dance. Even though it's Venturers night (which he elected to join) we were ok with him going. It's an important part of assimilating into high school. So we thought. His friends aren't going because it's meant to be lame. Ok. He wants to go the mall instead. No. You have another commitment that takes priority. Mr 14 proceeds to have hissy fit complete with tears... WTF?

So by the time I picked hubby up from the train station I was so ready for my daily Starbucks fix. I totally NEEDED it...lol. Sad but true. As an aside, while at Starbucks later that evening I worked out that we probably spend a full years membership at Starbucks each year. A premium gym membership. Sheesh!

I need to get a job. To fund the Starbucks habit and to get back to having a life where I just don't have to deal with the other crap because I'm not there. Actually I still have to deal with it but it's no longer the focus of my day. This insignificant crap is taking up a significant amount of my time. Yesterday it significantly annoyed me.

Today is a new day and even though the scale said 222.8 (up 1.4lbs) I'm not going to let it annoy me. I need a happy day. A day getting ready to see my buddy Meredith. I'm off to Detroit tomorrow for some retail therapy and catching up with good friends. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home