Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Size 16

Read it and weep baby... I'm down to a size 16. Well almost in some cases...

My shopping expedition was a very productive one. First stop the GAP outlet store. I purchased two pairs of jeans, pair of dress pants and a pair of winter capri's. All in a size 16 and they all fit. It just boggles my mind that I am a 16. For Australian readers, that's a size 18 Australian. It was a great way to start the shopping day. Did I mention that I am a size 16??? Throw in some long sleeve t-shirts and I have some clothes appropriate for the current weather.

I also purchased 2 suits from Kaspers. Size 16 but need to lose about an inch from my hips and an inch from my chest to make the jackets work. The pants fit fine. There's a change for you... the fact that I have slimmed down in my waist and legs first is very unusual for me. Weight loss seems to be happening in a very different way than in the past. Maybe this time it'll stick?

Add in a skirt, shirt and sweater from dress barn and I have a good start to my fall casual and work wardrobes. I went with the assumption that I will be working shortly (I have interviews at 9.30 this morning and 4.30 tomorrow afternoon) so I made sure I had some clothes to actually go to work in. In a pinch I can wear the size 18 clothes I bought for interviewing in but they will not last much longer. They are very loose.

I've never really enjoyed clothes shopping before but it's so cool being able to pull things off the rack. Some things fit and some things don't. Isn't this how normal people shop? Slim people? It certainly opens up a whole new world being a size 16 in terms of clothing options. I need never step into a Pennington store again. In fact, I think I'll make that a life goal. As much as I liked some of their clothes, I vow never to need them again.

2 Comments:

  • "Size 16 but need to lose about an inch from my hips and an inch from my chest to make the jackets work. The pants fit fine. There's a change for you... the fact that I have slimmed down in my waist and legs first is very unusual for me. "

    I hear you about the odd places to lose weight! My thighs were like hams and I still can't believe that the size 16 is loosest there and at my waist. 16 jackets are rough because of my bust, less so because of my gut (not my hips or butt any longer). It's really odd how different this loss looks. Thanks for posting about this.

    *S*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:31 AM  

  • And what's the deal with the name "dress barn"? I've never gone into that shop because who wants to look like they picked their wardrobe from beside the milking parlour?

    Honestly, almost as bad as "Catherine's Stout Shoppe".

    *S*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home