Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I think I'm done

My last interview was at 11.15 this morning. I was really nervous about the purpose of the meeting but it turned out to be a casual chat. I asked lots of questions - she did most of the talking. It worked well.

The meeting ended with "I need to talk with my finance people but we'll get back to you promptly. And given how long this has taken I mean promptly". During the meeting she made comments such as "one day I'll have to tell you that story" and "yesterday there was an empty spot at the table but you can catch up". So all the indicators are positive BUT she didn't say "you have the job" which is really what I need to hear. I believe I will be employed shortly but I can't get excited until I have the offer in hand. Hubby won't relax until I have that offer in hand.

After 10 interviews, with 8 different people, I have to say that I am very impressed with these folks. There is such a passion for what they do and what they believe in that I can't help but get excited during the interviews.

Hopefully by this time next week I'll be here announcing to the world that the next part of my career journey is about to start. They are words I will be very glad to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home