Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Weight Update

A fly by post - getting back into the working routine is really taking up some blogging time!

Stood on the scale this morning and low and behold, I've lost 50lbs. This magic number is significant for a number of reasons. Firstly, it represents 25% of my excess weight according to my surgeon Dr. L. Secondly, it means that I've moved into a new weight range that doesn't start with the number 3. That's right I've moved out of the 300's. I've never disclosed my weight before - it's one of those numbers that I've never been proud of. However if I am to accept responsibility and move on I think I need to. My starting weight was 350lbs. This morning I weigh 299.4. My goal weight according to Dr L is 150lbs. I laughed when he told me this. I would look like a skeleton! I would be happy with 160 - 170lbs. We'll see where this journey takes me.

I am so relieved to finally not be in the 300's... I've been hovering just above it for what seems like ages. It's good to know I'm still moving in the right direction.

5 Comments:

  • WOOHOO!!!!!! You go, girl!!! We're *all* familiar with the various weight markers, amounts, and numbers that have special meaning. Sometimes we have our own meanings, sometimes they're ones EVERYONE has. You've hit MULTIPLE ones today that I can think of:

    1. Losing a major chunk of weight (50 pounds)
    2. Losing 25% of your excess body weight
    3. Dropping into a new DECADE of pounds
    4. Dropping into a new CENTURY of pounds

    I'm so happy for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:49 PM  

  • Thanks Deluzy... it was such a relief to finally see it drop. I've been walking with an extra spring in my step today... I'm pretty proud of me.LOL

    By Blogger Aussieabroad, At 2:12 PM  

  • Wonderful wonderful wonderful!

    I know I was just stunned as I stood on the scale and realized that the first number would never been a 3 again. In fact, I took a picture.

    Congratulations to you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:47 PM  

  • Woo-hoo!!! I am happy for you!

    By Blogger Tia L., At 6:28 PM  

  • Congratulations on hitting the 200s! I hope to join you there soon. I've also had a slow-down - only 2.75 lbs in the last two weeks - and that with adding exercise. But sometimes, I think, my body just needs to catch up with my loss. Let's hope I'm right!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home