Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Unproductive

With my medical leave coming to an end in just a few short days I look back and I can honestly say that this has been the most unproductive 7 weeks of my life. I have been apathetic and lazy to a fault. I have achieved nothing! I had these wonderful visions of getting myself organized, using this time to get things sorted out, to make life easier. Yeah right!

The Christmas stuff is all in one place but it is not boxed up, the rebate forms are sitting on the desk waiting to be sent it, I have not reviewed the material from my advanced management as planned and my closet looks exactly the same as before surgery. I'm doing it again - holding myself back. My hopes of doing the above were not unreasonable, in fact as long as I was prepared to take short notice bathroom breaks they were perfectly doable, but they did not get done. I seem to have this "failure" wish. I tell ya, this had better not spill into my work life when I go back else I am in for a major kick in the pants...financially we can't afford for that to happen.

Sigh... I need to snap myself out of this!

1 Comments:

  • I beg to differ. You just went through a life-and-health-transforming MAJOR surgery and have been recovering. When was the last time you undertook such a major project?

    I know what you mean, of course, but given the nature of the DS, anesthesia, and recovery, all other goals for those first weeks are unrealistic.

    You've done really well -- and you *will* be more productive at work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home