Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Food

Ok... I need input from any and all DSers out there that may be reading this blog...

I am 5.5 weeks out and here is what I ate today... is it enough? What should I be aiming to improve?

Breakfast - protein shake - 21g protein
Snack - soy nuts - 10g protein
Lunch - toppings off 3 pieces of pizza (was at my sister in laws house) pepperoni, cheese, sausage, bacon and green pepper. I ate about 1/3 of one crust.
Dinner - two plain chicken wings plus a cheese stick
Snack - one small piece of dark chocolate (5g carbs and 2 protein)
Snack throughout the day - 1/4 cup peanuts (13g protein)

I've also had about 1.5 litres of water so far and will likely get in another 500ml (16.9 oz) before bed.

Kim, Deluzy, Tia and anyone else out there...Any suggestions or opinions would be much appreciated.

I feel like I still have so much to learn about this thing I've done to myself... will I ever feel confident enough that it just slides to the background?

2 Comments:

  • You're doing really, really well -- honestly! You're making great protein choices, putting that first, and getting in your liquids (I'm still having to work on that last part at 12+ months out, as you know).

    If you're not lactose-intolerant, then eggs, cheese, and milk are viable options, and I've found that tuna fish works well for me, too.

    Sometimes it *does* seem as if all we do is think about how to get in our quotas of X (e.g., water, protein, whatever). It does slowly fade into the background over the months, I've found, in that it becomes more second-nature -- but I find that the learning curve still continues for me because every month something's a little different -- and at your point, every WEEK and even DAY changes.

    But you really are doing great. I *began* to feel somewhat normal during Week 5, in that I could imagine feeling energetic again ... hang tough!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:04 PM  

  • I think you are doing great at 5 weeks out. I was having a helluva time trying to figure things out when I was where you are and I think your first couple of months you'll find that you'll be discovering new things about your new post-op life and making adjustments. Lots of trial and error.

    I still consider myself a newbie and am constantly learning. Like deluzy said, you seem to be making good choices and that's what is important. You have the right attitude and approach and that will only benefit you greatly in the long run.

    I'm in the middle of my fifth month and things definitely start to become more routine and "normal". Food, drink, supplements and exercise still occupy a good bit of my time and energy but not nearly as much as before.

    By Blogger Tia L., At 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home