Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Must Do's

There are very few rules for those that have had the DS surgery but there are a couple of musts

1. you must take all your vitamins and supplements...for the rest of your life. To choose not to do so could result in illness, or in the worst case scenario, death
2. eat 80 - 100 grams of protein a day. Protein is malabsorbed so we need to ensure that we get enough in to keep us healthy
3. Drink at least 64oz (8 cups) of water per day.

I'm doing great on the first one. I'm trying really hard on the second one but have found it difficult. This is actually a lot of protein and with my stomach being as small as it is, it is very hard to get much in at each sitting. But I'm on track... I believe the goal is 90 grams by 90 days... I still have some wiggle room. Where I am struggling is with my water. I am not drinking enough. I carry a bottle around all day but if I drink too much I can not eat and then I struggle with 2. I also just plain forget to sip constantly. I need to become far more regimented because dehydration is really dangerous. I also need the water to flush out all the crap and we all know how much crap there is in a body this size!

So my goal for the next few days is find a way to get in the water. I will keep myself honest by posting consumption here daily. If you have suggestions as to how I can increase my intake, please leave me your comments... this is a struggle for me. A frustrating one because pre-surgery I was easily drinking 2 - 3 litres (64 - 96oz) per day.

Off to get a drink... sip, sip, sip

1 Comments:

  • Ann, I like squeezing a lemon into my water and then I use 2 packets of Splenda and stir it up. So it's like drinking lemonade. Maybe that can help. You are doing a great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home