Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Update

My goodness the days get away quickly - it's not a wonder though. Trying to be a mother, a sister and a daughter on top of being a part-time worker is killing me. The sister and daughter thing are not normal parts of my routine. It is the reason that I am here and I'm enjoying it thoroughly but add to that trying to keep Ms 8 happy and then working 4 hours a day between 9pm and 1am... and I'm struggling.

I think I severely overestimated my capacity to do this when I first proposed it. I forget that I am no longer a spring chicken. I am capable of
withstanding a huge amount of sleep deprivation... but apparently not quite this much. Sigh... my only other option is to not work. Which will mean I do not have enough PTO. Which means either cutting my family vacation in August which I am loathe to do because we all need it or taking some unpaid leave... which I am loathe to do just because that simply bites. I'll talk to hubby (if ever I get the timing right in terms of being able to reach the guy) and see what he thinks. This is a decision that impacts us both.


Mum is out of hospital - she was released a day early on Wednesday...yay! She has since had a rough night which was probably related to eating too much in one sitting. One of the tumours is clearly pressing on her stomach so she simply does not have the capacity to eat as much as she used to be able to in one sitting. When she eats too much she throws up. When she throws up it causes her pain and the cycle starts all over again. I've convinced her to try eating every two hours. Small amounts of whatever she wants so she doesn't feel deprived. So far it seems to be working. She has gone nearly two days without major issues. While in hospital they also changed up her pain medication - different type and stronger doses. It seems to be working better for her. So on the surface she is doing ok. To the level that today we all went mini golfing. Who would have thunk it? She suggested it.

She wanted to play with her grandkids and so we did. It was so much fun (and no it had nothing to do with the fact that I won!) .
We are developing some really nice memories all around. Well worth the outrageous cost of international travel... it really is priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home