Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Missing Hubby

Hubby and I are apart on a fairly regular basis thanks to my work schedule but this time it's different. It's probably because I am not run off my feet... thanks to this rotten back of mine I'm actually not running anywhere right now! When I travel for work I am on the go from 7 am in the morning till around 11pm at night. I work hard and long... and love it!

Hubby and I connect during this time but it's usually just a quick touch base.

This time around it is different. I would love for him to be here. Today, so he can keep me company while the rest of the family is off becoming one with Australian wild life in a local conservation park but more for the company in general (come to think of it he'd be off petting koalas as well). Hubby and I are very well matched intellectually. I enjoy listening to what he's up to in his work life and I enjoy sharing mine. We don't always see eye to eye but I value his opinion none the less. I don't also go with his suggestions but he has good thoughts and it allows me to really ensure that I have my bases covered. He's the yang to my ying (or the other way around!)

I miss him. I miss his wicked sense of humour. I miss feeling him next to me in bed at night. Ms 8 is a poor substitute... she has no sense of space... what is mine is hers as far as bed space and bed covers go!

Today I feel like I'm a long way from home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home