Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Ouch

I am no stranger to back pain... thanks to a herniated disk that is pinching a nerve I have had a history of back pain. The last one had me laid up for a week. The good news is that was more than 2 years ago.

I don't know what I did but this afternoon while visiting Mum in the hospital I experienced a really strong back pain that got progressively worse. The car ride home was excruciating. I thought I was going to pass out/ throw up from the pain.

This is not what I need right now. I am sitting here at 11.40pm local time on a conference call for 2 hours. The problem is not the time but the 2 hours of sitting. I need to not have my mother worrying about my pain but focusing on her own pain management.

What really blew me away was my daughters reaction. "Oh no, I hope it's not your MS playing up again". When I threw my back out 2 years ago I believe it was an episode of MS that affected my gait that resulted in the back issues. It has not happened again but it obviously had a real impact on Ms. 8. So my MS does sit there in the back of her mind as a threat to her world. That's a little sad. The poor kid has so much on her mind right now with Oma being ill, I do not want her to be thinking about our two illnesses at the same time and potentially getting the two connected in her mind. My illness is not terminal. I do not want her to be worrying about that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home