Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Be gone ye carbs!

In preparation for the trip I am going to low low carb it. To lose weight? That would be nice but no. I need to ensure that my body is as well behaved as possible on the trip.

We've talked poop before but not for a while so indulge me while I blog. I lead a fairly typical ds'er life in that most of my bodily emissions take place first thing in the morning. It's a given. It's a 10 - 20 minute routine that I need to plan in and then for the rest of the day I'm much like the rest of the population.

But that 10 - 20 minutes can be legendary. Legendary on a flight scares the crap out of me... excuse the pun... but that is what I have to deal with. Somewhere between LA and Sydney, and it could be just a few hours into the 14 hour flight, my body is going to want to lose a pound or five. It is intense. And like most poop it smells. Volume alone dictates that it will smell bad. It is a small price to pay and it is more than manageable in the big scheme of things but the thought of those small airline washrooms, with potential lineups behind you, knowing that you can do nothing to stop whatever may come... well, it makes me more than a little nervous.

I'm sure that the anticipation will be worse than the reality. It is likely just the fear of the unknown. But it is real. I've received some great advice on the obesityhelp board...low carbing being one of them. A small can of spray being another. The last, a "who gives a damn" attitude... afterall nobody knows you... I'm still working on that one.

So there you have it...my biggest fear as far as this trip... the washroom. Nice to know I don't have more important things to think about

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home