Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

I ran!

OMG I ran! One foot in front of the other. There was no disputing it, it was a run. Mind you it was only 200 meters or so, in response to a crying child who had fallen rather heavily ahead of us. But it was a run. And you know what. It didn't hurt. I wasn't puffed. There was no difference as if I had walked. No difference that is, other than *knowing* I ran. Holy crap!

I know that this is an eye rolling post for some but this is truly significant for me. I don't like to exercise. I hold myself back because I am afraid that I won't be able to do it. When I was diagnosed with MS I help back even more because I didn't want to trigger an attack (misguided but there you have it). But what I discovered tonight is that I do not need to hold myself back. I can do it.

So there we were, crying Ms 8 holding her grazed hand, blood dripping from her arm and angry red scratches on her leg, walking home and me feeling like I'm on cloud 9 because I ran... how cool is that! I wonder what else I'm capable of?

This mornings weight: 220.6lbs

2 Comments:

  • No eye-rolling from me! Last fall I ran down the hallway and up some stairs to my office, realizing that I'd forgotten something before class.

    And only as I reached the top of the stairs did I realize that I HAD RUN. Without dying. Or hurting. Or even being out of breath.

    It was amazing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:33 PM  

  • Good for you!!!! I'm sorry the reason you ran was for "T", but you RAN!! YAY YOU!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home