Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

This year Mothers day is confusing, it is such a mix of happy and sad.

Happy because I am a Mom to a wonderful 8 year old who still believes that I am the best thing since sliced bread. She is sweet, sassy, smart as all heck. She is the reason I understand the full depth of mothers days. I will be forever grateful that she is part of my life. She is the reason I get called "mom".

Sad because this will be the last one I get to say "happy mothers day" to my mom. Well, I tried to say it but ended up leaving a voicemail on my sisters machine... the time zones just didn't work this time around. So sad because distance and time means that I will not get to say those words again.

Happy and sad. I've been step-mom to the boys for 12 years. They were the sweetest, cutest kids you could have ever met. Things change. I've changed. They've changed. The relationships are tough ones. Things are getting better with Mr 17. If you can get past the way too many words there's a decent young man in there. Mr 14 is rude, disrespectful and self serving. What more can I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home