Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Birthday Update

After my major whine earlier this week I feel the need to update, it's only fair to the people involved.

Hubby came through like a trouper. They picked me up from work Wednesday night and took me out for dinner. Ms 8 was so excited - she loves to do things for me. My birthday is as much about her as it is about me. She knows how much I love spending my downtime reading Oprah while enjoying my favourite Starbucks, so they got me a two year subscription. They also got me a beautiful Azalea plant which is now gracing the previously leaf encrusted brown patch leading up to our front door.

It truly was not about the gifts. For me it's about the thought. On Wednesday they showed me that they had the ability to think and it was all good.

But the real gift for me was the one that hubby gave me. He opened up and vocalized what I had known, and blogged about, for a while. He was afraid that I had nothing that was just for me and in seeing that, he found it hard to get something that was truly just for me that was also meaningful...to me. He's always been about meaningful gifts - at Christmas he puts me to shame. Hearing it come from someone else was a real gift. It almost made it ok to feel the way that I had been. It made it feel less selfish.

I now need to do something about it. And I will. When I find time. And I will.

1 Comments:

  • Aww. I'm glad they came through for you in a way that you could feel.

    xo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home