Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I think I've figured it out.

The moodiness, the cravings, the stupid eating... I'm pregnant.

Oh wait...no I'm not. I have an IUD. Since October. Weightloss has stalled. Since October. Hmmm. Google "weight gain IUD". The first post up was about Mirena. Hmmm. That's the one I have. Much reading later and I have decided that this sucker is coming out. There is enough evidence to indicate that some woman (10%) gain weight with Mirena. I have stalled but should have lost about 15lbs on a conservative estimate. So a stall is like a "normal" persons gain. So - whether I am right or wrong it's coming out.

I did not have my insides surgically rearranged to have it foiled by a little...well..foil. I would rather take the pill and the increased risk of anemia than this. I have been acting more pregnant than when I was pregnant. I never had mood swings. I sure as heck do now. My boobs are fuller. I don't need that.

Feb 21st was to be my three month check up. This is now the date for me to get rid of this thing and hopefully free my body to do what it has been designed to do. Lose weight.

2 Comments:

  • Wow...I had never thought about that. I certainly think that is worth checking into. I use the Nuva Ring, and have been very pleased with it.

    Tiffany

    By Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie, At 9:51 PM  

  • Ditto to what Tiffany said! I'd get that thing out pronto, too!

    By Blogger Tia L., At 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home