Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Didn't see that one coming!

January 15th was my 90 day anniversary at my new job. In Ontario that now means that it's harder to get rid of me. Always a comforting thought right?

Well today I was due to have an update meeting with my boss. Her boss joined us. They are going to announce an organizational restructure. My boss is now my ex boss. Her boss is now my new boss. And my world just more than doubled in size. I went from five managers to eight, I went from a total team of 32 to around 70. I think I've just been promoted. Did I mention I've been there just three months?

I'm extremely flattered. I've obviously done something right. I'm also a little shell shocked. My lack of time to pee is well documented = how the heck am I going to manage this one? Holy crap.

The announcements will be made on Monday and at that time I will be able to share more information. I need that time to absorb what is being asked of me. I have so much to learn. I already had a lot to learn. Did I say holy crap? Just in case, holy crap!

It's been quite the week.

For those of you that have been following my journey you may recall that I was offered one role with this company but before I signed on the dotted line was offered the Director of Training role instead. The person who was the training director then took the original role I was offered. That person, my predecessor, was let go on Tuesday. Then this. Holy crap. I think I need to buy a lottery ticket.

I can honestly say that I did not see this one coming.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home