Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

OMG I'm the boss

I have been a boss for many of my working years. I have managed people for over 10 years. It is something I am comfortable with and something I believe I get better at over time. I have always been a boss within a much larger organization. With many layers above me.

This time I am the boss of my own little empire with all the challenges and accountability that entails. There are huge expectations of my team. I have a lot of leeway to do what I need to do. I have a large team. Not all the people on my team are the right people. I am listened to. I have to execute. I own the strategy and that part is new.

It has been an amazing four weeks. I am learning a lot. I know today how much I don't know. I love it. I love this organization. It is fast changing. It is people centric. It is growing. I feel like I belong. This is the most exhilarating feeling. I love it. I think about work in the middle of the night. I think about it when I drive. It is always with me. But not in a negative way - I am truly able to create something here and I feel challenged as I have never before. It feels good.

What a gushfest huh? I am so very thankful for this opportunity. Someone was definitely looking out for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home