Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's raining

In my dining room. On Wednesday, upon investigating a strange sound that I truly hoped wasn't another errant squirrel, I discovered water dripping through my dining room ceiling. The master bathroom is directly above. I would have preferred to find a squirrel.

My hopes were further dashed on Thursday when the plumber let me know it wasn't a pipe problem. It was a leaky shower problem. A big one. We are now going to have to renovate our bathroom.

So I have a hole in my ceiling. A hole in my wall. Soon I will have a huge hole in my bank account. All I can say is thank goodness I was laid off and I am currently drawing two salaries. One for my job and one as a severance. The severance will pay for the new bathroom. My job will pay the bills. I can't imagine how we would have done this otherwise... a new bathroom was not in the budget for this year.

Have you ever renovated a bathroom? I have no idea what I want. We are slowly starting to come to some common ground in terms of what we would like to have. It'll be interesting to see what we end up with because hubby and I do have very different tastes. We agree that simple lines are better than traditional. We both like square sinks... and we will now have two...yay! We We will put in an exhaust fan. We will tear out some of the built in shower and replace with glass. The rest like colours and fixtures we have yet to agree.

A new adventure for us both... our first true renovation project.

1 Comments:

  • Ohhhhhh...I love renovations! This would be happy-fun time for me! I would suggest you start watching a lot of HGTV or visit some showrooms or pick up some design magazines to see what's out there.

    By Blogger Tia L., At 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home