Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Hello from Boston

It is just before 10pm and my eyes are hanging out of my head. It's been a long day. A day that started at 4am to give my body the time to "do its' thing" before the scheduled 5.30am airport shuttle pick up. My flight was at 8.50am. The impact of 9/11 is felt even today in the sheer lead time required to get through customs.

I knew I would likely have to take off my shoes. I did. What I didn't realize that was that I would be asked to take off my suit jacket. I didn't. When I was asked I basically refused. Not because I had anything dangerous or illegal to hide. But because my jacket hides my arms. My bare arms. My bare wrinkly arms. That's right, in our post 9/11 terrorist world I was willing to take on airport security rather than show my arms. They let me through. I will be wearing something different on the way home. Is this about vanity? I don't think so. It is so much more about not being comfortable in my own skin. What was I thinking?

The day was a busy one - full of meeting people and promptly forgetting their names. I am in week 4 of my new job and I'm at the point of pulling together my proposed strategy. It won't be all popular. It won't be all possible. But it will move the organization forward. I am excited and scared at the same time. It's a huge responsibility and peoples lives will ultimately be impacted. I hope it can be a net positive experience all around.

Just had a very nice dinner with the boss and now it's time for bed. I am tired. Tomorrow I need to be on the ball - more people to meet and greet. More decisions to be made. Happy place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home