Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Frustrated

Again. Yes I know, it happens a lot but I've come to learn that there are degrees of frustration. If frustration had educational merit I'd have earned a Ph. D by now.

Weight 222.6lbs. My weight is going up. Considerably. I am doing all the right things food wise. Me thinks there's more to this than meets the eye. I'm starting to wonder if the IUD has something to do with it? I hope not. That would be so devastating.

Part of my frustration is the timing. My one year anniversary is coming up. At this stage I am going to be heavier than I was last month. I am not liking this at all.

My good friend Mer thinks that lack of exercise is likely a contributing factor. She's probably right in terms of the slower loss I've been experiencing but the weight gain is not so easily explained.

As I type this I am realizing that I am not so much frustrated as I am disappointed. Yes I have come a long way but this is disappointing. This is not what I want for myself. This is not what I was expecting.

Sigh. I have no option but to keep moving forward... that's a commitment I made to myself when I under went this surgery. The 'shine' is definitely off the trophy though. The honeymoon period is over, to borrow another overused cliche. I am now entering the long term marriage phase of living with my DS. The phase where realism sets in and you find a way to make peace with the whole package. The good and the bad. There's no divorcing this baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home