Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Saggy Baggy Elephant

I remember when I was first learning to read English (I am Dutch by birth) I read a Little Golden Book about the saggy baggy elephant. I don't know why but this story really stuck with me, and while I haven't thought about it in years. It came to mind again not so long ago when I was looking in the mirror. I can really identify with the saggy baggy feeling.

I am saggy and baggy in places you just don't want to be. My legs. Wrinkly saggy butt. Crinkly thighs. My stomach. No real panni but oh boy, the upper abs are a sight to behold with their crinkled puckered lines. I know I'm not painting a pretty picture but you know what, it's not pretty.

Fully clothed I look ok. Naked I don't. It's just the way it is. It is the body of someone who has lost a lot of weight after being obese for a long time. It is the body of a middle age woman (I can't believe I just called myself that!). A woman who let herself 'go'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home