Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

An update at last from the world of the working

It's hard to put into words right now what I feel. Tired. Energized. Scared. Full. All come to mind.

It's been quite the start to this latest phase of my career. A few observations:

1. These people eat. A lot. Monday morning before I had even walked into the building my boss called me for my coffee order. She took me out to lunch. Tuesday included a meeting at Starbucks and dinner out with one of my managers and the outgoing director. Wednesday evening we had a larger team building cook your own meal restaurant experience which was simply amazing. Today it's a baby shower with obligatory cake. It's been all about the socializing and food. I've lost 2lbs since Monday. Go figure!

2. The outgoing director, LH, is simply amazing. She has done nothing other than include me in the fold and set me on the way to success. The scary part is that she is a hard act to follow. I'll be managing the Boston team remotely which will be a challenge because they rightfully have a very strong bond with her.

3. The company was acquired last week. This is a very positive step because they were initially set up as a venture capital company. The possibilities that this buyout creates is enormous. My team is going to be very very busy

4. The team has real potential. Strong managers, green but eager trainers and coaches. It's so nice to walk into a company that is so well staffed from a training perspective.

There is so much going on in my head right now. I fall asleep exhausted each night. Hubby has really stepped up to the plate - he's been leaving work early so he could shuffle the kids around and allow me the luxury of two night events in a row. I am very grateful for that.

Weight today : 217.6lbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home