Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

October 15 is the day I start work

Yes. I have a job. But no offer yet. And not sure which job but I have a job.

Yeah - I know how that sounds. Perhaps an explanation is required

My boss-to-be took over training, quality and customer experience at about the time I started interviewing in August. She has been planning a restructure to move some of her existing folks into roles that better fit their skills sets and having me come along has allowed her to cement that. My interviews with the powers that be have also helped build this perception

There is someone in the Director of X role that they want to move into the Director of Y role that they initially offered me. They plan to do this on Wednesday of next week when that person is back in the office. If it all goes to plan they will have a firm offer on the table on Thursday of next week. She believes that this change will happen but if it does not (current incumbent absolutely refuses to move... she doesn't believe that this will happen but she needs to allow for it) then they will offer me the Director of Y role. They want me in the organization. She was very aware of the stress that this uncertainty was creating and was very appreciative of the fact that I am willing to let them make the moves they need to because of the sensitivities involved

Either way:

Start date: October 15
Salary: If the Director of X - it will be a higher salary than originally offered since it is a higher position in the company; if it is the Director of Y it stays as it was originally offered.

On October 22nd they are opening a new site in Chelmsford Mass. Boss has asked if I could be there for part of that week. It's a chance for me to meet everyone that I will be working with.

Overall: Although I don't have anything in writing yet I feel very comfortable as a result of todays discussion. The Executive HR Director gave her the ok to share this much with me because they both felt I needed to better understand what was going on in a bid to remove some of the uncertainty. She also encouraged me to reach out to my previous boss who now works for this company if I had any concerns or wanted to verify that their intentions are honourable. I don't need to do that.

I hope hubby can live with this. I know it's hard for him. My gut tells me that my patience will pay off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home