Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

I have changed

It didn't happen all at once but I have noticed recently that I have changed... particularly in the way that I dress.

As a super morbidly obese person clothes that elongated lines and eliminated bulges as best they could were a girls best friend. This invariably meant oversized shirts and sweaters, long skirts and jeans. The clothes were designed to be comfortable and concealing.

These days my wardrobe tends to be more fitted. T-shirts are still long but they are now fitted to show shape. I am wearing pants more often simply because they look good and fit well. I have gone from a standard flat shoe to ones with heels. This is a huge change for me. I am learning to walk on heels again. I feel so tall. I stand 5'10'' in bare feet. With my boots on I am anywhere between 5'11" and 6'1"tall. What a difference a few inches makes.

Yesterday I pulled on sweater that I purchased a few weeks ago while in Michigan. It is loose and comfortable. It doesn't feel right. I feel like I'm hiding in it. This was the big aha moment for me. I am not uncomfortable showing some shape these days. Do I wear short skirts or sleeveless shirts? No because the bare skin look is one that just doesn't work for me. But I do feel ok showing a little cleavage and I do feel ok showing my figure... even at 220lbs. This is very liberating. I am learning to accept what I look like rather than spend enormous amounts of money (fat clothes are pricey) trying to hide it.

Weight update: 219lbs. Can you say stuck?

2 Comments:

  • Ann,

    What an awesome change you have undergone! :) Your monthly progress pictures are looking more and more amazing each time! Keep up the great work.

    Tiffany

    By Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie, At 8:12 AM  

  • I know exactly what you mean, about not feeling comfortable in lose fitting clothes, or feeling like you're hiding in something. I may not be Barbie right now, but I like to show my new found curves -- after all, they've been hidden for a lifetime.

    Good luck too with the new job. :)

    By Blogger Donna, At 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home