Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, October 06, 2007

The joy of writing

I write when I am happy, I write when I'm sad, I write. I write to add substance to my thoughts. I write to relieve stress. I write.

Today my daughter did the same thing. Disappointed in her brother she came up to her room and wrote. Wrote about her feelings. Wrote to her friend "diary" about the things going on her world. Wrote about her loneliness (she let me read what she had written). Wrote about her best friend, Angel, wrote about how she would like to get a dog of her own (she is asking Santa for one...gulp... Santa has never let her down before... I'm not sure Santa can pull this one off) She wrote about her Webkins friends. She wrote.

My heart broke reading her words. She is so lonely. The boys just shut her down. They won't do what she would like to without an argument. She never hears "yes, I'd love to". She hears "maybe", "later", "no I really don't like that". It takes all the joy out of it, even when I offer to do what she wants to do. I just want to hold her close and protect her from the world. But I can't. And so I come here to write.

3 Comments:

  • Ann,

    I know you are starting your job soon! I just wanted to wish you well. I am certain you will do amazing!

    :)
    Tiffany

    By Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie, At 9:57 AM  

  • Boy, oh boy. That sounds just like me when I was her age. All my siblings are older than me, most over 10+ years older than me and I turned to journaling to cope and it's something that has stuck with me since I was young.

    I wish I could give you some advise, but I am child- and clueless. My mom used to make my older siblings deal with my brother and I and I'm sure they hated it, but I do think it helped later on in life. The same sisters that had to bring us along are the same ones we are most close to.

    By Blogger Tia L., At 5:45 PM  

  • Thank you both.

    Tia - if Ms 8 turns out half as together as you are then maybe I am worrying needlessly. I have such an overwhelming need to protect her, I want her to be happy. Maybe me not being here so often will actually be good for her... who knows.

    By Blogger Aussieabroad, At 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home