Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

OMG!

I swear, I had to turn around to see if I had pooped out an organ today. I thought I was going to have to surgically attach the toilet to my butt if I wanted to leave the house. Holy crap... thank goodness that doesn't happen too often! The upside is that I lost over 2lbs in less than half an hour ~insert eye roll~!

Something I ate yesterday did not agree with me. I think I know what that something is but I am in denial. So just to make sure I finished it off today. ~insert another eye roll~

Let me explain. I am Dutch by birth. Even though we moved to Australia when I was 6, I grew up with a Dutch diet. So for me Dutch food is the ultimate comfort food. It's not something I want very often but when I do have it, it has the power to bring forth lots of very pleasant childhood memories. Anyway, yesterday I had an overwhelming urge for Dutch Croquettes. I was in the neighbourhood of the Dutch store, so thought what the heck. To my pleasant surprise 2 Dutch croquettes have 14g of protein (lets not talk about the carbs). I purchased a pack of six and ate four over two meals yesterday. Delicious. Comforting. Sigh.

I'm thinking the carbs did me in. I've never had a reaction like this to any food. Now I'm assuming that's what it was. I could be wrong, in which case we go back to the drawing board. I should know later tonight/tomorrow morning if that is the case thanks to the 2 I had for breakfast.

I post about these sort of things because it's important for those considering weight loss surgery to know that it's a life long game of trial and error. Sometimes you hit upon things that simply will not agree with you. It means you need to remain vigilant. My advice... add in one new food at a time so you can easily identify what's giving you problems.

1 Comments:

  • Um, could you pass those croquettes, please? I need a morning such as yours (see my current dilemma on my blog).

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home