Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, September 07, 2007

Well that would explain it

Seems like I'm not totally wacky after all. The mood of a few days ago combined with the urge to eat everything in sight was directly related to my monthly cycle. The reason I didn't recognize it is because I am on the pill and this is the middle of a pack... I should not be menstruating now. This always freaks me out because it causes me to question whether I am indeed protected as well as I should be.

To that end I will be getting an IUD insetred next month. I have the thing (the box is the size of a bike... that goes in where????) but I still want to do some research in terms of the possible impact on weight loss. The upside will be very light to non existent periods (which is good for iron loss) and no concerns about breakthrough bleeding leaving me vulnerable to a pregnancy.

For all of you who are researching your weight loss surgery options, make sure you ask your doctors about birth control. It is not recommended that you have a child in the first two years after surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home