Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Missing You

One of the greatest laments as a working professional is that there is so little time to really think. The days are often filled with reactionary firefighting... a reality of working in a service environment.

As an unemployed professional I have the luxury of time in a way that I have never had before. I can think all I like. And I do. But now that I have it what I really want is the crazy tumultuous environment that I left behind. Not so much for the craziness but for the people that would cross my path during any given day.

I really miss the contact. I miss the people that I worked with for the last 10 years. And whilst there has been sporadic contact it's a little like when a couple divorce. The easiness is gone. Those that are left behind feel uneasy about the loss that you have suffered, and you in turn no longer know where you really fit it. It's odd.

But I do miss the connections. The adult (not always adult like) conversations. The theoretical "how I would run this company" discussions that would inevitably ensue after an other bonehead decision had come to light. I miss it. I miss them. Them... my team, my peers with whom I worked very closely, my boss who believed in me even though my work style was so different from her. What kept me at the company I was with for so long was the people I had the privilege to work with. I miss them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home