Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Today

was a good day.

I kept Ms 8 home from camp so that we could spend some time together. This morning we spent a few hours scrapbooking. This is a new hobby for her. She will be scrapbooking her summer vacation. I think she's hooked. It was so much fun watching her create something that will house her memories.

This afternoon Laural and her daughter came over for a visit and a swim. The girls got along famously (yay) and it was wonderful to be able to just sit and chat. One of the things that I miss most about working is the adult interaction. Bonus when the person you're interacting with is simply a good person who happens to be very easy to get along with. Laural looks amazing... she has lost 56lbs since her surgery a month ago. Wow... and I thought I lost fast that first month. I'm thrilled for her not only because of the amount but because she is on the threshold of an amazing journey and if hers is anything like mine it's going to be an experience that will change her. Fill her with confidence. Lead her to new paths and opportunities. I always get a thrill knowing that something good is unfolding for a good person.

This evening a quick meal at Pizza hut and an hour spent unwinding at Indigo... it doesn't get much better than that for a mid week break.

Tomorrow: operation organize the office. It's is nothing short of scary in here. But I have to do it. I have to reclaim this space so I can work in here.

Weight update 234.8lbs.

Still up from last week but moving down. I am the master of losing the same pounds several times over. The good news though is that I had kept one blue blazer from my previous work life. Size 16. It fit. Amazingly well. Large outdoor jacket. Fit tightly. Wedding dress. Too big. Sweater set I wore the night I met hubby. Fit. I am 40lbs heavier now than I was then but the clothes are fitting better. I am losing differently. What I am not losing as quickly is cleavage...odd but hubby is pleased ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home