Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, December 25, 2006

Gifts...

As I've already enthused in a previous post or two, I love picking out gifts. I like to think that I'm pretty good at it.

Others are not. I love my inlaws - but my house is filled with stuff that we do not use. Actually, that's not true - the basement is filled with stuff we do not use. In the past, clothing items have been the big issue. Prints, cutsie, that kind of stuff just isn't my style. Every year I got at least one thing that fit into one of these categorie. Well this year they were pre warned... no clothes, I wouldn't get the wear out of them as I made my way into normal clothing sizes. So instead, I got a lovely traditional mantle clock. Our style is contemporary. I got a carpet runner thing that really has no where to go. I got stuff... Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound ungrateful. I know they mean well but what it tells me is that after 10 years they really don't know me very well. What am I going to do. Most of the stuff, like in past years, I can just bury in the basement until next years garage sale. But the clock is going to be a hard one to not put out. We already have a mantle clock that belonged to hubby's dad. It's in the basement because the ticking sound drove me batty.

I wonder if they would be offended if, instead of gifts next year, I suggest that they take whatever money they were going to spend on me and make a donation to the Canadian Multiple Sclerosis Society? I would be so much happier knowing someone got something useful out of their generosity.

Anyhow, time for me to go and put my feet up. It's been a long albeit wonderful day. More about the joy of Christmas through a child's eyes tomorrow. Long live the belief in Santa.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home