Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

And the wow continues...

I promise that this blog will turn into more than a tracking mechanism of my weight but ya know, it's all so knew right now. I'm just a little excited.

We purchased a new scale so this morning I weighed myself knowing that I would have a chance to calibrate the weight against my PCP's scale in the afternoon. Well - they were the same, and they both said that I had lost 34 lbs since surgery.

The magnitude just boggles my mind. I expected to lose about 30 lbs during the first month for a couple of reasons

1. I have a high starting weight
2. seems to be the average weight loss for the first month
3. I'm eating next to nothing so some weight has to fall off right?

If this keeps up I could feasibly fall into the 40 - 50lb range for month one. Wow.

I feel great. I'm trying more foods each day. In a few days I can add chicken, turkey and fish to the menu (yay!). It's all about baby steps but I have to say that the baby steps are strong ones.

1 Comments:

  • Sorry I've missed your progress! Looks like I'm going to have to tune in each day, othewise you'll vanish before my eyes! :)

    Keep up the good work -- I'm glad you're doing so well.

    Donna

    By Blogger Donna, At 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home