Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Place

Today I indulged in one of my favourite meals of all time...Chicken Korma. There is something about the creamy spicy flavour that I simply love. It is a meal that, pre surgery, I craved. I would eat it for lunch and then quite happily again for dinner. If we went out as a family I would eat mine then finish of my daughters...not because I was hungry but just because I love the flavour.

Today was a whole different experience. Hubby and I went out for a late lunch. As I put the first piece in my mouth I was thrilled to find that I had not lost my taste for it (tastes do change as a result of this surgery). I could feel the spices on the sides of my tongue. My mouth was alive!

I had maybe three pieces of chicken, leaving well over 80% of the Korma still in the dish. I was satisfied, I didn't feel deprived and man, was I in a happy place. And the best thing? I get to have it again another 4 times before the dish is done... what a cheap date I've become! Everything in the dish is ok for this new way of eating so I have the added bonus of knowing that I've done no damage.

Is it wrong to feel this way about a food dish? Maybe but ya know, I don't care. It was a culinary experience I will remember for quite a while. Beats the crap out of the bland stuff I've been eating for the last two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home