Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, December 22, 2006

Rocking Around the Christmas Tree

I love Christmas. Every little thing about it. Finding the right gifts. This is especially true with my daughter who is the last in the family to have an unwaivering belief in Santa. There is something so special about keeping the belief alive and watching it come to full fruition every Christmas morning.

In our family most of the gifts are from us but Santa fills the stockings and leaves a gift for each family member. Each year my little girl only asks for one thing that she really wants from Santa. And each year we bend over backwards to make it happen. She's such a good kid it is more than worth with. I want her to remember her childhood Christmases as a really positive experience so that when she has children she can give them the same magical gift. The gift of innocence.

With only 3 days until Christmas I'm finding myself humming Christmas carols and singing along to the music in the stores. I know this drives people insane - especially those that find Christmas hard to deal with. But I can't help it. I like that people are largely nicer this time of year, I like that my home looks festive and warm and I like that I'll have family here on Christmas day to help us celebrate.

Being a blended family, Christmas is always a busy one for us.

We get up early to do the Santa gifts with the little one. We then have a quick easy breakfast before hubby drives an hour to pick up the boys from their Mom's house. Once they get back we do immediate family gifts and within an hour the rest of the family arrives. It's busy, it's insane but it's so much fun.

Dinner is always fun - both hubby and I like to cook.

The menu for this year

1. 10lb turkey breast, seasoned, rolled and wrapped in bacon. Cooked on the BBQ rotisserie.
2. Braised beef with sun-dried tomatoes
3. Ham
4. Do ahead mashed potatoes
5. Some vegetables (can't decide)
6. Gourmet Cream Puffs

Much of this can be done ahead of time making this year a little easier on me... I'm trying to pace myself. I feel great but my stamina needs a little work.

Yep - I like Christmas. To all that celebrate I wish you a happy and safe Christmas surrounded with family and friends. To those that celebrate Hannuka - I hope the last 7 days have been filled with joy.

2 Comments:

  • I love Christmas too! It sounds like there's plenty of joy in your house.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:22 PM  

  • You know Ezpy there is.... sometimes I forget to look for it :)

    Have a wonderful Christmas. I hope Santa is good to you

    Ann

    By Blogger Aussieabroad, At 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home