Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Tired

Do you ever have days that you are so tired that you just want to hide from the world? When you don't have the energy to make small talk, when all your effort goes into putting one step in front of the other? I had one of those days today.

What's making me tired?

1. It's performance appraisal time at work and we're in the midst of reconciling stats with out US counterparts. It's amazing how territorial people get around this time of year. Everyone is trying to jostle for position because no one wants their folks to be on the low end of the ranking. Why? The all mighty Bell Curve. You may be doing perfectly fine as a stand alone employee but if everyone else is doing even just a little better your performance is going to considered unacceptable. It's a hard message to deliver. Yes "joe" your stats are fine but I'm sorry we have no raise and no bonus for you this year. The moving target has been the bane of my existance ever since joining this mega financial institution I work for. I am responsible for 8 officers of the bank - I need to make sure I have all my i's dotted and t's crossed so that they don't fall victim to the curve. It's a lot of responsibility.

2. Teenagers. Getting up with number 2 son at 5am two mornings in a row so that he could do homework he hadn't done. Getting up with number 1 son at 5am so he could be on his way to Montreal for 3 days with his Venturer troupe. Throw is a good dose of attitiude, disorganization and plain sheer hormone induced stupidity - I lose a lot of sleep

3. I seem to be pulling my CPAP mask off during the night. I don't know why but it's obviously impacting the quality of my sleep

4. Going to bed too late. I'm a moron!

Time to do something about number 4... have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home