Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dad

Just a quick update for those of you who have been playing the "which parent is sick today?" game with me.

Dad had his surgery in the wee hours of this morning (EST) and he came through that ok. He had a good night.

Now the waiting begins. Will he recover or will he catch another infection? Will he need radiation or chemotherapy or will he wait it out? How long before the cancer comes back again?

Colon cancer is hereditary. I am now at risk. Colon cancer is more prevelant in the morbidly obese. I am definitely at risk. I am like my dad in many ways. In this way I do not want to be. On so many levels it makes sense to actively pursue the weight loss surgery.

If you are over 40 get yourself checked for colon cancer. A little discomfort each year could save your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home