Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Joy List

When I was on a supervised weight loss program, part of which involved meeting with an occupational therapist, I was asked to create a "Joy List". A list of ten things I like to do and that have the power to bring me joy. The only restriction was that it could not be food or alcohol related. Alcohol was not an issue but we all know that food was.

I made a list two years ago but things have changed. Dramatically. So in preparation for coming up with things to do instead of eating I thought it may be worthwhile to go through this exercise again.

My Joy List

1. Spend 30 minutes reading or playing a game with my daughter. She enjoys books as much as I did when I was a kid. I get such a kick out of watching her expand her horizons.

2. Spend 20 minutes working on a jigsaw puzzle

3. Have a foot bath

4. Take a shower. I'm a water babe. I love the water and a shower is such a great place to decompress

5. Do a cryptic crossword. It's a great way to turn off the other stuff that's cluttering your head

6. Surf. I've become addicted to reading other peoples blogs. There are so many smart, inspiring people out there. It's nice to be able to see beyond the parameters of your own small world.

7. Read a magazine. I have to admit I like reading Oprah.

8. Listen to music. I rarely do. I love it. I miss it. Mental note to self... time to load that MP3 player!

9. Write. I am finding that writing this blog is somewhat cathartic. It's very rare that I take this sort of time to collect my thoughts.

10. Take photos. We've been horrible recording the kids growing up. I could have fun with this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home