Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, October 02, 2006

An uplifting experience

This weekend we did what we have not done for so long. It has completely changed my outlook, my spirit, my hope... it has changed how I interact with my husband. We cleaned our room.

Now I can see the eye rolls from here. A bit meladramatic you think? No. It truly is as I say.

We have a large room - it is much larger than two people normally need. We are very busy people with three kids. I was so tired for the last six months that daily functioning was a real chore. All of these things - room to dump, hardly ever home, too tired to do - all conspired to our room looking like a junkyard.

This weekend - with renewed energy thanks to the CPAP machine, and with the incentive of knowing that the in-laws will be sleeping in there on the 22nd - we decluttered. I actually managed to get Bob to go through his side of the walk-in closet and toss things out. This was a huge thing for a man who is doesn't let go of things easily. We tossed out, we donated, we cleaned out drawers, we even moved the patio furniture (very nice lounge setting) into the room for the winter.

It's amazing how empowering this process is. The room was so bad before that I couldn't bring myself to even get started. The job was simply too big for the energy that I had to give to it. Today it was such a pleasure to waking up and seeing the room the way it was - it felt like a new beginning.

Our goal is to go through every room in the house and do the same. I can't believe that I'm actually looking forward to it!

1 Comments:

  • Oh Ann - I can SO relate. A bedroom should be a haven of relaxation and rest. Ours is such a mess right now. I'm making it a goal to clean it up this weekend!

    By Blogger Kate, At 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home