Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Holy Gas Batman...

Alrighty that wasn't fun.

I said I would share the good bad and ugly. Last night definitely fell into the ugly. This post was actually yesterday...

Yesterday started off well but spiraled quickly into a carb fest of little self control. What amazed me was the depth of the "body" payback. I have had far far worse days in the last 9 months but it would seem that a few days of clean living followed by a trip to sugarville just doesn't work for me.

My first reaction was an attack of the "foamies". I haven't really experienced that since the early months of post op. I'm thinking the orange juice played a part but most likely it was tied in closely to eating too much at one sitting.

But the real payback came last night. I thought my body was going to explode with the gas that simply did not want to escape. Contrary to popular belief this was not the much talked about "smelly" gas often linked to the DS procedure - it was simply gas. Lots of it. Painful, I want to rip my body apart, type of gas. I ended up sleeping on the sofa so I could easily make it to the washroom on time. I probably didn't need to do that but I'm not one to just trust that it may only be gas... I was up essentially from 12.30am to 6.15ish when I finally called it quits and started the day.

The reaction took me by surprise. I am very happy to never eat a donut again after that experience. Today its back on the protein and fat. I feel better. Tired thanks to a lack of sleep but better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home