Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Weight Update

Today's weight 220.4lbs

Go figure, a weight post in a blog that was set up to be about weight loss. Would who have thought it?

Yes I finally weighed myself. I was ready. The last 2 months have been head spinning and I really have not focussed on my weight at all. I did weigh myself when I got back from Australia and to my disgust saw 228 something on the scale. I did not actively manage to that - my mind was elsewhere.

This last week though has been better. I have been bringing enough food into work to last me the day which equates to less frantic raids on the snack machines. I have been eating a ton of protein, including two protein shakes a day. This has kept the hunger at bay. I have been good about planning a good mix of salty and sweet to satisfy the taste buds and keep me away from aforementioned snack machines. I have been eating fruit. This one is a new one for me - I was trying to keep away from it because of the high sugar content but who am I kidding - fruit is better than candy! My Chelmsford team sent me a fruit basket and I've been enjoying it immensely.


So am I being a perfect little DSer? No, not really. Am I making better choices, yes. I am also more organized. If the good food is there I will eat well. If not I resort to whatever is on hand because once at work the chances of me getting out to buy a healthy lunch is essentially zero. I cannot get through the day without food. The DS doesn't allow for that.

So for me the 220.4lbs is my new starting point. I do want to see if after 20 months the DS can still act as a weight loss machine for me. I know it still works. If it did not I would be the size of a house again based on some of my eating habits (apparently stress eating is still a huge trigger for me). So I know it's helping me maintain. But can I still lose?

That is the million dollar question and I want to find the answer. My plan, continue making good choices. Throw in some better ones. Move. Simple. In writing anyway ;)

I am pleased about my current weight - it was a nice thing to see on the scales this morning.

1 Comments:

  • You must be a tall person because you look really wonderful in a photo you posted during your recent trip to Australia. Whatever the number is on the scale, it looks good on you.

    No perfection here, either -- just some choices that are healthier than others.

    And yes, the DS will still allow us to drop weight significantly more easily than we did pre-op when we minimize the carbs and maximize the protein. It's not the "magic" drop of the open-window period, but it's still a pretty damn good thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home