Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, March 03, 2008

Weight Update

This morning I was back up to 224.8lbs... I really don't know what's going on. So today I decided to mix it up and make it a high refined sugar day. And boy did that do the trick.

Sugar is a sure fire laxative to the Dser. Excessive amounts will have you running. Frequently. Violently. A little sugar has no effect on me. Even a medium amount doesn't cause me any issues (thank to Flagyl no doubt) but throw in copious amount of jelly beans and watch out! The toughest part was when I was doing a presentation in front of a class of new hires. I could feel it gurgling. I could feel the tell tale gentle cramping. It was a race to see who could finish first...me or my digestive system. You know it's bad when you're colleague stands up at her desk holding a sign "eat real food!" after she heard me reach for the 1000th gourmet jelly bean (saying gourmet makes it better don't you know...) When on conference calls all day, mixing it up makes it very easy since I don't have to go out and locate said "real food".

Oh brother...the things you do to yourself. So tomorrow we follow up with a high protein day. As bad as it sounds - this was planned. I will be happy to never see another jelly bean again. It got to the point that I just wanted to brush my teeth and drink a gallon of water. Yuk. Please please let the scales reflect in the right way cause otherwise I'm going to seem/feel especially stupid and misinformed.

1 Comments:

  • Ann,

    I just want to say I can completely relate to your frustrations. I have been doing a lot of yo-yoing back and forth. It seems that when I eat the absolute worst things is when I lose weight. It seems like things are so much more "out of my control" than before. My body has decided that it will only lose weight when it feels like it. Sigh!

    Thanks for your response about Canada! I am working things out as far as staying cheaper at Hostels. I would LOVE to meet you, if you happen to be in town. I will be up your way April 5-8.

    :)
    Tiffany

    By Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie, At 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home