Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Going Shopping

It's a long weekend. In all it's wisdom the Ontario government decided to create a new stat holiday in February, Family Day, to break up this most miserable of months in a northern climate. So we have a long weekend.

On the one hand I am really not liking it because I have so much work to do and this coming Monday was the first day in a long time that I don't have eight hours of meetings booked. On the other hand it's kinda nice to have the choice taken away from you. It is a holiday. I will be home.

So to further make it feel like a real get away we are going across the border for a few days. We need to remodel the bathroom (no we have not done it since the leak occurred in October) and we're going to look at fixtures. We're having trouble finding exactly the right thing - maybe we'll get lucky looking elsewhere. I also need a few more work clothes. As much as I hate to buy more clothes my current size, I don't have quite enough to get me through the winter. I gave away all my size 18 dress clothes which I was wearing every now and then so I really have no spares. Ms 8 also needs some more clothes. Nothing extravagant - we just need new a few things and may as well take the opportunity to turn it into a mini vacation. I wasn't too keen at first but the idea is definitely growing on me. At least when I'm away there is nothing I can do about all the stuff that needs to be done. It truly means I have no choice but to relax and that can't be all bad.

So we're all set to go. The bags are backed. My dear friend Laural is taking the dog for a few days meaning she will be well loved (I so hope she doesn't pee on your carpet this time pal). The kiddo is off at a cub event and as soon as she is done we'll hit the road. Just don't tell hubby that I'm going to sneak in my blackberry...

Speaking of my friend... she is on a first date as I type. With a doctor. I am so dying to hear how it went. She is a good person who deserves good things to come her way. I am hoping that Dr M is a true Dr Dreamy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home