Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

We're Home

Well that was quite the week... it was odd not to capture the events as they occurred so this is going to be a long rambling post I'm sure.

The Thursday before we left was horribly traumatic. It deeply affected Ms 8. She made dad a card and had us all sign it. At 6am on Friday morning, as I was getting ready to head out she convinced Dad to come with us. He just couldn't stand to see her so upset. He really is a softy deep down and despite some serious reservations we did a last minute pack for him and headed out. Without enough bedding or towels since I had counted on 4 people but with him... thank goodness for the heartbreaking power of 8 year olds.

The drive was uneventful. Well, if you ignore me nearly nodding off at the wheel after 3 hours restless sleep before heading out. Our first stop Geauga Lake. This amusement park is also owned by Cedar Faire so our seasons passes got us in for free. About 4 hours into our stay it started to rain. No, it poured. Ms 8 and I gave up on trying to stay dry. We splashed our way to the entrance, ensuring we hit every pond that had formed along the way happily splashing each other. We were drenched. Think wet t-shirt contest drenched. Think squelchy underwear drenched. Think happy. It was a lot of fun and a great way to release some of the pent up stress. Maybe mother nature does know what she's doing.

Sunday we spent at Geuaga Lake riding coasters and then enjoying their great water park. I felt like I was on vacation. As I lay in the sun pretending to keep half an eye on Ms 8 I realized that noone was looking at me. I didn't stand out despite being in a bathing suit. I wasn't the fattest chick around. It was so cool... I was just a part of the crowd.

The cottage we rented in Marblehead was simply ideal. Nothing fancy but right on the lake with a private beach and absent neighbours. Who could ask for more? Monday was spent hanging around relaxing and Tuesday we headed out to Cedar Point. The boys did all 17 roller coasters and survived to tell the story. I hung out with Ms 8 for the day with the plan of riding coaster on Thursday when we went back for day 2.

And ride I did. Thursday was my 9 month surgeriversary. 9 months since I started an amazing journey. To celebrate I rode on a coaster the took you 412ft straight up into the air and then cork screwed you down. You reached 120miles per hour in 3.8 seconds. The ride was less than 30 seconds long. It was the most exhilarating rush around. One for the speed and secondly because I fit. With room to spare. What a way to celebrate 9 months!. In 9 months, the time it takes to bring life into this world, I have been reborn. I felt, I feel amazing.

Sadly hubby did not have the same experience. For the first time in his life he experienced not being able to do a ride because of his weight. He didn't fit into 3 coasters. He didn't say much but I can imagine, no, I know what that feels like. Too many times in the last 10 years I have missed out because of my weight. My heart broke for him. I asked him if we could go back together for our 10th wedding anniversary next year. I want to do these rides with him.

In terms of my photo update I will do it tomorrow. This morning was insane just trying to get organized. Pick up the dog from the kennel (I so so missed the silly mutt), shopping, laundry etc. So tomorrow morning Ms 8 will take the photos and I will officially weigh in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home