Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, August 20, 2007

New Wow... I'm Tired

The last few days I've been feeling really tired. This morning I actually slept on the sofa for a couple of hours... I just could not keep my eyes open.

Later today I realized that this is normally my "MS time". August has historically been a time when I experience a Multiple Sclerosis exacerbation. Typically it's my legs that are affected. They feel heavy, especially at the top. It makes walking up stairs tough... you almost wish that you had handles on the top of your legs so that you could help lift them up a step at a time.

This year, I'm just tired. Nothing more. No vision loss. No heavy legs. I'm thrilled. Fatigue is a very normal part of MS but as I sat thinking about my current fatigue I realized that I have not really experienced any for months. Clearly my weight was compounding my MS fatigue. I have felt so much better that I haven't really been cognizant of any additional fatigue. How cool is that for a wow?

I know I still have MS - the vision loss in April reminded me of that. But for months now MS has not really played a part in my life. It has not stopped me from doing things. It has not forced me to sleep hours away in the evening because I couldn't stay awake any more. It is simply there - a few lesions on my brain. Nothing more.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home