Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Hurry Up and Wait!

Ok... so I've had 5 interviews in 8 days. Now we wait. Due to vacation schedules it's likely to be a few weeks before I hear anything more.

The interviews today went well. I was good except for answering the compensation question. Man, it's almost like I'm trying to apologize for earning what I do. Why can't I just say what it is and be done with it. Sheesh... I got learn to do this like a man. Do it with a hint of challenge in my voice.

Things I learned today that you wouldn't expect to normally learn during an interview process:

1. Your feet shrink when you lose weight. Those pricey slingbacks may not necessarily fit you when you need them to. Mental note to self, take to get extra hole put in strap. I had visions of carrying my shoes up the stairs bare footed because I could not keep the strap on my feet.

2. I need to get a job in the next month or else I'm going to have to invest in new interviewing clothes. The size 18 Jones of New York silk shirt I wore for the first time today was swimming on me. The pants bagged at the bum and the jacket is only a few weeks away from not being tailored any more.

3. Buy one interview outfit at a time so that you can move more easily, and less expensively, through sizes.

Now I wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home