Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, August 20, 2007

My butt hurts

I have discovered that I have bones in my butt. I cannot sit in a hard chair for any period of time. It hurts. A lot. Yesterday at the support meeting I stood for 2 out of the 3 hours because I was so uncomfortable I could not focus.

If I sit on a hard surface and rock slightly, I can feel myself rolling over the bones. It's a really weird feeling and not one I expected to feel at 226.something lbs. Bony butts are for skinny people and no one can accuse me of being that.

Which led me to the realization (I've been thinking way too much today) that my body is losing weight differently than it has in the past. The legs are slimming down (never happened), the butt is flat (but still wide) and the chest remains albeit way further south than human decency dictates. My size 18 capri's,which I've been living in all summer, are baggy at the butt and legs but still fit well around the hips.

Speaking of sizes. My friend picked out a size 16 skirt for me at the clothing exchange yesterday. I liked the skirt so took it thinking that if nothing else it'll give me something to try on to see when I break into size 16's. For a lark I decided to try it on last night before bed time and it fit. Perfectly. Holy crap! I know actual sizes vary hugely between brands but it was very exciting to see a size 16 on this body. It means that I am heading towards the normal section of all stores. It means more clothing options than ever before. It means that I am *gasp* normal... nearly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home