Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Weight Update

It would be easy to mistake this for being anything but a weight loss blog these days. It's funny how as I lose weight, the weight really isn't the main focus anymore. And the things that are now my focus would not have been possible had it not been for the weight loss.

I mean, take a look at my before photo. With all the prejudices against obesity do you think I'd be finding myself in a position where I applied for one job, they offer me a higher level one and then they offer me something total new again? The answer is no. Even though my skills are the same, the perception and my ability to sell myself would have been different.

So today... 220.2lbs. Moving down again... that pesky 5lb increase is taking a little longer to disappear than I would like. My official 10 month weigh in is on Sunday. I would like to see it down a little lower before then. But who knows. I have come to learn that what I want and what I get in terms of my weight are two very different things. I can control what I put in my mouth but I can't control the weight itself. Sometimes there just is no real reason for the swings... up or down.

I plan to take my photos to my support group meeting on Sunday - it'll be a chance for the newbies to see what is possible with a little time, a little surgical magic and a whole lot of winging it as you go along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home