Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, September 24, 2007

The offer is a good one

Salary: Competitive

Benefits: Good

Vacation: to be negotiated. They have offered me 20 days which can be a mix of vacation, sick and personal days. I had 32 days in my previous job. I will speak with them tomorrow about a number of ways we could address this eg. Increase the number of days or increase my base salary and give me the option to take up to 5 days unpaid leave (at my discretion). For me this is about insurance... I don't think I'll need the extra days but when you have a chronic illness such as MS you don't leave yourself uncovered. If they can't give me the extra days we're talking about an annualized increase of $2,500... shouldn't be a big deal...right?

Other than a few other little details I need to clarify I think we're really close. I'm excited - I'm looking forward to this new phase of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home