Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I think my head is going to explode!

So... not only do I not yet have a new offer. I now have the choice of two jobs. Except one of those two jobs is not yet concrete. Reporting to the same person.

Step back. My potential boss to be called. She is looking to reorganize the training organization that reports to her by creating a Director level position. The five managers currently reporting to her would report to this new position. I would have responsibility of a training organization of 35 people in total. The person that interviewed me originally for the training manager role would report to me. Weird.

Weirdness aside. She called me to find out from me, that if this position was created would I regret taking the one I'm being offered. Would I prefer to take the training one.

My dilemma... I have obviously sold myself for the position I am being offered. Will I be letting people down? I am really pumped about the offered position but this one has interest too. It is an area that I could have an immediate impact on. The current role is an individual contributor role. The downside is that I have to do the work. The upside is not having to deal with personnel issues. The new role has an upside of having a team to work with. You can have some real impact with a properly staffed team. The downside is having to deal with personnel issues. Don't get me wrong. I love being a manager but sometimes the pettiness gets real old. I have a super low tolerance for pettiness at the moment.

Will I be perceived as having sold them a line if I change positions? Is this a test? OMG... I am so flippin' confused. Any thoughts would be most welcomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home