Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hospital gowns

Hospital gowns are the bane of obese people. Not only do they invariably not go all the way around our bodies but they are so tight that they cut off the circulation around your neck and pull tight against your unfettered breasts because the arms don't fit properly. Hence any attempt at putting them beside you will result in squished boobs. It's not a pretty sight. For the obese or those that have to deal with us.

Today, for the first time since surgery nearly 10 months ago, I had to wear a hospital gown. It fit. No, it was too big. It did up. I wasn't choked. I had full range of movement. Holy crap.

This is one I would not have thought about. It's one of life's odd ball wow moments. I'll take it. This is the first time in a long time I have had a medical appointment that required some state of undress that didn't involve humiliation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home